Here are the instructions to resolve the recently surfaced issue on CM14 and CM14.1. The issue has been captured by several users of CM14.1. We have a concise guide on how to Fix Google Play Services Error. We have notice that the CM14.1 don’t have WebView application pre-installed and that’s why the right Gapps package also has this issues. So we will guide you to flash this missing application first on the CM ROM and then flash Gapps package.
The download link for WebView is given below, install it after installing CM ROM. Then flash the right package of Google Apps. The issue is due to the missing WebView app on CM ROM. So, you will be able here using this tutorial to Install WebView on CM 14.1 to Fix Google Play Services Error. Follow the guide don’t miss any step.
Important: this guide and fix are only for the CM 14.1 / 14 to Fix Google Play Services Error. So, don’t use for any other ROM. Also, Softstech.net will not be held responsible for any mishap. Proceed only at your own risk.
- Perform a full backup of the entire data on the device, before flashing this file.
- Also, the battery of the device should have more than 60% charge.
- Before this installation, your device bootloader should be unlocked and TWRP should be installed.
Download and Install WebView here –> Link
Steps to Install WebView on CM 14.1 to Fix Google Play Services Error
- After installing the CM ROM fresh copy. Don’t install Gapps package.
- Reboot device normally and don’t log in at start up setup.
- Now go to Settings > Developer Options > find the option named WebView Implementation, Select Google WebView from the list.
- If you didn’t get the Google WebView in the list, then go to the link and install it from that link.
- Then reboot the device into TWRP Recovery and flash Gapps Zip file now.
- Then reboot the device normally.
So, this was the complete process to Install WebView on CM 14.1 to Fix Google Play Services Error. If you are still not clear, then you can contact us anytime.