Galaxy J7 is a mid-range flagship smartphone of Samsung. The phone has quite impressive hardware specification along with the latest firmware, released this year. If you have Galaxy J7 SM-J700F running Android 6.0.1 then here is the root guide. Today in this guide we will show you, how to root Galaxy J7 SM-J700F on Android 6.0.1. Thanks to chainfire for providing the easy SuperSU root tool’s latest version for Galaxy J7. We will flash SuperSU to root Galaxy J7.
Since root is the base of custom operations, you cannot think of customizing your phone without root access. After root access you can enhance the device performance and perform multiple custom operations, here are pros and cons of rooting. However, root remains unofficial and high custom operation. As a result, you will lose the warranty of the device. So here is everything you need to Root Galaxy J7 SM-J700F on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. follow the guide correctly step by step.
Note: the guide is planned only to Root Galaxy J7 SM-J700F on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware. Don’t apply on any other device, otherwise, you may brick your device. Also, it will void the warranty of the device. Proceed only at your own risk, we are not responsible for anything goes wrong to your device.
- First of all, backup your important contents on J7 and store at a safe place.
- Make sure that Galaxy J7’s battery is charged at least 70%.
- Install Samsung USB driver in your Window system. |Download here
- Also, Enable USB Debugging Mode on the device, from settings > Developer options.
- Install TWRP recovery on J7 using this guide. |Click here
- Download Chainfire’s SuperSU tool on the PC. | Download Link
Steps to Root Galaxy J7 SM-J700F on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Download SuperSU zip package from the link into the PC.
- Connect J7 to PC and copy the downloaded zip file into the phone memory.
- Unplug and power off the device completely.
- Now press and hold the Vol-UP+ Power+ Home all at once to boot J7 in recovery mode.
- At the recovery perform Nandroid backup for the existing ROM and data.
- Then tap Install option → select SuperSU zip file → Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- So, wait and then come back after flashing SuperSU.
- Finally, tap Reboot to boot J7 normally.
In conclusion, Root Galaxy J7 SM-J700F on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware completed successfully. If you face any difficulty, then leave us your comments.