Hi friends, today i’ll show you how to update Sony Xperia Z Ultra.
CyanogenMod firmware based on android 4.4.4 Operating system is now available for Sony Xperia Z. the new firmware is known as CM 11 M9 and it is based on the AOSP Android 4.4.4 KitKat Operating system.
With new firmware you’ll be able to improve the performance of your device. You will get new modification, features like double tap to sleep feature, enhance torch performance, spam notification filtering, data usage, Bluetooth improvements, new email, translation feature, performance tweaks and much more.
Before updating your Sony Xperia Z there are some requirements you need to complete.
1) Warranty of your Smartphone won’t remain valid once the new custom ROM is successfully installed in the device.
2) You must have rooted device for this process.
3) The new CyanogenMod Android v4.4.4 KitKat update has to be flashed on the Xperia Z Ultra AKA Togari version only. Prohibit installing the similar on any other false device,
4) To verify your device go to setting> about system> model number.
5) Generate back up of all files. Installation of CM 11 ROM will clear all your storage.
6) Install the suitable USB drivers to PC, these drivers’ help to recognize the device.
7) Make sure you’ve enough battery for the process.
Note: Do not progress if you aren’t sure what changes this procedure may bring to your device.
Install the new CyanogenMod Android v4.4.4 KitKat CM11 M9 custom ROM on Sony Xperia Z Ultra device:
Step No 1: First Download the CM 11 M9 Custom ROM android 4.4 KitKat firmware file on your Computer from HERE.
Step No 2: Now download & install the USB driver software.
Step No 3: Now connect your Sony Xperia device to your PC.
Step No 4: Now copy & paste Android v4.4.4 KitKat CM11 M9 custom ROM zip file in to device’s SDcard root folder.
Step No 5: Make sure you’ve installed custom recovery image Like CWM or TWRP recovery.
Step No 6: Turn off your device and disconnect it from PC.
Step No 7: Boot the device into recovery mode by pressing and volume up, home and power keys at the same time.
Step No 8: Once device enters in recovery mode, clear all your data by choosing (wipe data/ factory reset). Use volume keys to move up and down & power button to select.
Step No 9: Now clear the storage cache of device by tapping “wipe cache partition”.
Step No 10: Go to clockworkMod recovery and select advanced and press on “wipe dalvik cache”.
Step No 11: Go back main recovery menu and just press “install zip from SDcard”.
Step No 12: Tap “select zip SDcard” and go to Android 4.4.4 ROM zip file in SDcard and tap enter to start the flashing process.
Step No 13: Once installing procedure is completed go “Go Back” and select reboot now option from recovery menu.
Now your device will successfully avail CyanogenMod Android 4.4.4 KitKat CM 11 M9 custom ROM.