This guide explains how to download and Install CM13 ROM on Honor 5X KIW-L24 / L22 / L21. We have found the Android 6.0.1 CM13 ROM for the Huawei Honor 5X and the users can easily Install Android 6.0.1 CM13 ROM on Honor 5X KIW-L24 / L22 / L21 variants via this step by step tutorial. This is an updated CM13 build, available both on OTA and via manual update method. This update comes with some bugs fixing, security updates, and performance improvements. All the features are up-to-date, that is based on Android 6.0.1, you can enhance the device performance via flashing this updates.
This is an unofficial build of CM13, thanks to the XDA developer crpalmer, here can find the full stable build to when provided. However, this beta build has many bugs but those will come fixed via next updates. If you are willing to Install Android 6.0.1 CM13 ROM on Honor 5X, you must have a rooted device with TWRP pre-installed. Follow the steps to install.
Note: All these instructions and ROM is intended to Install Android 6.0.1 CM13 ROM on Honor 5X KIW-L24 / L22 / L21. Not compatible with any other device. Carefully go step by step and flash on your own responsibility. We are not responsible for any harm during or after the process.
- First of all, take a backup for all the necessary data on your phone.
- Secondly, your device must be charged at least 70% before installing this ROM.
- Honor 5X should be rooted and TWRP recovery installed on it. [Install TWRP guide/ Download and install supersu via TWRP recovery to ROOT]
Download CM13 Gapps for Honor 5X- | Link
Know Bugs at the time of release:
- The camera hangs on HDR photo.
- Figure print sensor out of order.
- FM Radio issue.
- Switching data between the SIMs issues.
- And more
Steps to Download and Install Android 6.0.1 CM13 ROM on Honor 5X KIW-L24
- Install TWRP and root Honor 5X, if you have already done then skip this step.
- Download the CM13 ROM zip file and Gapps package from the links provided.
- Move the ROM and Gapps zip files to the external memory of Honor 5x and then Switch OFF the phone.
- Now boot in recovery mode via press and hold Vol-Down+ POWER keys together for some seconds.
- Now take a Nandroid backup from the TWRP recovery and then perform WIPE data task. >> select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data then Swipe at the bottom to start.
- Then tap Install at the recovery and browse then select ROM ZIP >> Swipe to confirm the action.
- Finally, reboot Honor 5X from recovery.
These are the complete instructions to Install Android 6.0.1 CM13 ROM on Honor 5X manually.