A lot of people think negatively about credit cards but they can be an unbelievable useful financial tool, if used accurately.
Many cards offer travel insurance, identification protection, reward points, cash-back, and much more. If you carry a balance, your number one goal must be to get the lowest interest-rate possible. If you make month-to-month payments, then choosing a card becomes more challenging.
A few tips for choosing a credit card:-
1) Check your credit report at least every year.
2) Look at previous statements & find out how often you carry a balance, how much interest you have paid, and how often you are delayed with payments.
3) Don’t settle on the 1st credit card that is provided in the mail – do research.
4) Use the Internet to analysis your best options; you will even see ads with fantastic offers.
5) Believe of getting various cards for different types of purchases. Some cards give 2 or 3 times more points for some purchases. Lots of people will have an airline card only for travel purchases.