Earlier we posted plenty of AOSP ROMs for many devices, now we are seeing the ASOP ROM for Nexus 9, which is based on Android 5.0.2. Nexus 9 arrived with Android 5.0 Lollipop and it was not the first one to get the next update of it. However, the developers are there to provide this device another boost, as this is the first AOSP ROM based on Android Lollipop 5.0.2. The developer has not mentioned any bug, and hopefully there isn’t any in it. While the developer did mention that he will hold the thread updated with any other Pure AOSP relieve, this is sure to be updated with the next Android version release. In this post, we’ll show you How to Install Pure AOSP Android 5.0.2 on Nexus 9. This is not an official release from Google but a Custom ROM. You require to use the Fastboot commands to install this custom ROM. Your Nexus 9 must be rooted.
This Guide is intended only for the Nexus 9. Rooting & flashing firmwares will void your device warranty. You alone are responsible for any effects that might occur during the process. SoftsTech shall not be held responsible for any damage to your device.
PREPARE YOUR Nexus 9:
1. Charge your Nexus 9 above 60% battery level to avoid shutdowns during the process.
2. Enable USB Debugging
3. Install Required USB Drivers: Link
4. Backup your device storage, Contacts and SMS.
Pure AOSP: Link
Steps to Install Resurrection Remix:-
Step 1: Connect your device with PC or Laptop.
Step 2: Copy & Paste the zip files to the root of your SD card.
Step 3: Open Recovery mode.
Step 4: Open Command Prompt in Fastboot folder.
Step 5: Now Type:
adb reboot bootloader
Step 6: Choose Recovery from Bootloader
CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery:-
1. Backup your ROM using the Recovery.
2. To Perform a Backup, Navigate to Backup & Restore on Next screen, Choose once again.
3. Go back to Main Screen after the Back-up is complete.
4. Then Navigate to advance option and simply select Devlik Wipe Cache.
5. Navigate to ‘Install zip’ from SDcard another windows will open in front of you.
6. Finally Select “Factory Reset”
7. Select “choose zip from sd card” from the Options.
8. Select the Pure AOSP.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
9. Go back and Flash the Gapps and Super SU respectively.
10. Once the Installation is finish, Select ‘Go Back’
11. Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
1. Tap On Back-Up and Select System and Data
2. Swipe the Confirmation Slider
3. Tap on Wipe Button and Select “Cache, System, Data”.
4. Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
5. Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
6. Locate the AOSP.zip , Gapps.zip, SuperSU and Swipe the Slider To install it.
7. Once the Installation is finish, you will be promoted to Reboot System Now
8. Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
That’s all, The First boot might take up to 5 mins, so please be patient.