The Samsung Galaxy Grand-Prime is a section level Android cell phone produced and promoted by Samsung Electronics. The Grand Prime line fills in as a successor to the Core Prime.
It was initially presented in 2014 as an elite for the Pakistani market. However, was later discharged as a spending telephone the next year for various markets in Asia. It is likewise made accessible in the USA through versatile suppliers, for example, MetroPCS, Cricket, Verizon, T-Mobile, and Sprint.
It is likewise accessible in Canadian suppliers, for example, Freedom Mobile, Chatr Mobile, Koodo, SpeakOut and Public Mobile. In 2016, Samsung reported that it will discharge the successor to the Grand Prime. It was propelled as the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Plus, known as the J2 Prime in a few domains.
Features of Samsung Galaxy Grand-Prime
The Samsung Galaxy Grand prime has a 5.0 Inch screen. With a resolution of 540X960 along with a pixel density of 220 pixels per inch. The Samsung galaxy grand also have Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor with 1Gb of ram. As mentioned before that the smartphone still functions on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. So in this, the guide we will make you learn how to update Grand prime to android 8.0 Oreo.
Requirements for Updating Samsung Galaxy Grand-Prime
- The ROM is only applicable to Samsung Grand-Prime.
- The ROM may contain bugs.
- The process must be followed well otherwise you will end with a brick phone.
- Keep a backup of your device to preserve your data.
- Keep a minimum charge of 60-70%.
- A TWRP recovery is required to install the ROM.
Process for updating Samsung Galaxy Grand-Prime to Android Oreo
- You need to Download Lineage os 15 ROM for Grand prime: LINK
- For Update.zip you need to change the name of the ROM.
- Then switch off your smartphone.
- Then move into the recovery mode.
- different options will appear on the screen.
- Firstly, click on the wipe.
- Then select Wipe Dalvik cache > Wipe Cache partition.
- Next, select Install and select the Update.zip file you have downloaded previously.
- Then click to confirm the installation
- Let the installation get completed! Wait till then.
- You are done with the update! Enjoy.
Lineage os 15 ROM is based on Android 8.0 oreo and is a custom ROM. Which is made by the makers of CyanogenMod. So before you proceeding with the installing of this ROM on your android smartphone keep in mind to follow all the requirements. The process must be followed correctly to get the perfect update. This is it, for now, stay tuned for more tutorials.