Hi, the Xperia X Performance users can now manually Update Xperia X Performance to stock Android 7.0 Nougat. The official Nougat firmware has started rolling out recently. The users of Xperia X Performance are getting OTA notifications. And a number of the users have already been updated their device. Also, you can opt for the manual method to download and flash the update. We are going to share a simple and step by step guide for manual update method. The .FTF file for the Xperia X Performance has been provided. Xperia X Performance has the build number 39.2.A.0.327 and you can download it from the link below. Also, follow the installation steps to flash and update Xperia X Performance to Android 7.0 Nougat manually.
Android Nougat is already available for several Xperia devices. And now the Xperia X Performance is also getting Nougat official build. This Nougat firmware for Xperia X Performance has all the improvements and features of Android 7.0 Nougat. If you are really interested and are ready, then here is everything. Download FTF file and Sony flash tool, then follow the entire steps accordingly to Update Xperia X Performance to Android 7.0 Nougat Manually. Don’t skip any step.
Note: The under mentioned tutorial is specifically intended to Manually Update Xperia X Performance to Android 7.0 Nougat [F8131/ F8132]. So, don’t try for any other purpose or any other device. Also, note that flashing firmware involves risks. We guidebeats.com strive to provide you highly accurate method but don’t claim to be free from any error. So, entirely flash and proceed at your own risk.
- Perform a full backup of the existing data on Xperia X Performance. Like contact, gallery items, text messages and app data etc.
- Also, make sure that the battery of Xperia X Performance has at least 70% charging level.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on Xperia, go to Settings → Developer options.
- Install the USB driver of Sony or Sony companion on your PC, for seamless connectivity. | Link
- Also, Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on the system. | Windows users
Download Nougat FTF files
Nougat FTF file for Xperia X Performance F8131 – Download Link (Russia_Generic )
Nougat FTF for Xperia X Performance F8132 – Download Link (Thailand_Generic )
Download Sony Flash Tool
Steps to Update Xperia X Performance to Android 7.0 Nougat
- Download flash tool from the link above and then install on the PC.
- Now go to → C:\ Program files → Flashtool folder → Drivers folder -> double click → Flashtool-drivers.exe
- Then select Flashtool + Fastboot+ Xperia drivers and click install.
- Now download Nougat firmware for your device model from the link and move into C:\ Program files\ Flashtool folder \ Firmware folder.
- Now double click → Flashtool.exe file, to run Flashing tool.
- Then select Flash device→ Flashmode→ and Select the firmware FTF file that you moved into the Firmware folder.
- Check Wipe cache, data, APPS_LOG and USERDATA if you want to perform a clean install, or leave if you want only upgrade.
- Then click “OK”, to start flashing and then wait for preparing the firmware file.
- Once the firmware file is loaded, turn off and connect the device to PC while pressing Volume Down key repeatedly.
- Once the device is detected in Flash mode, the firmware will start
- Finally, the installation completes, and your phone boots
So that’s how to manually Update Xperia X Performance to Android 7.0 Nougat [F8131/ F8132]. If there is any issue, don’t hesitate to contact us via the discussion section below.