Now Lenovo Zuk Z1 users can update his smartphone to Unofficial Android Nougat. Recently we updated many devices to Android Nougat based on CM14. The official Android 7.0 Nougat is available for Nexus devices and some others devices. But thanks to XDA senior Member
OrdenKrieger for Providing the Unofficial CM14 ROM. The CM14 ROM is not stable for Zuk Z1 yet but developers always working to stable soon.
If you have Lenovo Zuk Z1 smartphone and want to taste the Android Nougat so you are in right place. In this post, we will show you how to install Android Nougat ROM on Lenovo Zuk Z1. If you are really interested then follow the guidelines below.
Note: This Update tutorial is only for Lenovo Zuk Z1. So don’t apply to other models. If you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your smartphone .
- Make sure that your device battery is charged to above 60% to prevent it from unexpected shutdowns leading to damaged partitions.
- Take the backup of anything on the device.
- Download & install Samsung USB Drivers: Link
- Make sure your device has USB Debugging enabled in Developer Options.
- Download and install a custom recovery: Link
- Download Android 7.0 CM14 ROM for Lenovo Zuk Z1: Link
- Download Gapps package: Link
Steps to Install Android Nougat Custom ROM on Lenovo Zuk Z1:
- First of all, download the Android 7.0 Nougat ROM and Gapps files from above links.
- Once the files downloaded then connect your Lenovo Zuk Z1 to PC via USB cable.
- Now transfer the files to Lenovo Zuk Z1 storage.
- One the files transferred then switch and boot your device into Recovery mode by press and hold “Volume Down+Power Button”
- Now you are in recovery mode so do “Factory Reset” by Goto Wipe =>Advanced Wipe =>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data swipe to confirm the action.
- Now click on Install and locate the “ROM file” that you transferred in step 3 & swipe to Install the ROM. Once the ROM installed then install the GApps file, repeat the steps again.
- Once the Gapps installed then wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
That’s it, Now your Lenovo Zuk Z1 running on Android 7.0 Nougat CM14 ROM. If you have any query let us in the comment area we will be happy to assist you!