Good news for Honor 5x users now you can update his smartphone to B310 Marshmallow. Recently We updated Mate 8 to official Marshmallow. And today we decide to provide you a tutorial for Honor 5x hope you like it.
This is OTA update and for the Middle East. If you have not received the OTA update alert so don’t worry today we will guide you how to install Official Android Marshmallow on Honor 5x. If you want to taste the latest firmware then follow the guidelines below.
Note: This Update tutorial is only for Huawei Honor 5X. So don’t apply to other models. If you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your smartphone .
- Device: Huawei Honor 5X
- Models No: KIW-L21
- Android: 6.0
- EMUI: 4.0
- Firmware: B310
- Build No: KIW-L21C185B310
- Region: Middle East
- Status: Official OTA Update
- Take the backup of all necessary data on Honor 5X before proceedings.
- At least 60% charge in the battery is necessary.
- Install Huawei latest USB driver at your PC: Link
- Enable USB Debugging Mode from Settings => Developer options.
- DownloadHuawei Honor 5X B310 Stock ROM: Link
Steps to Update Huawei Honor 5X to Android 6.0 Marshmallow:
- First of all download Stock ROM for Honor 5X from above link.
- Once the files downloaded then extract it and connect your Honor 5X to PC.
- Now create a folder dload in the root of your SD card (If the dload folder not exists) and place the update.app file in that folder.
- Once the file transferred then switch off your device.
- Now press “Volume Up + Volume Down and Power Button” together. The update process will start automatically .
- Now wait for few minutes to complete the process.
That’s all, Now your Huawei Honor 5X running on B310 Marshmallow firmware. If you have any query let us in the comment area. we will be happy to assist you!