Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Official XXS1CPC8 firmware for Samsung Galaxy S5 has been rolled out earlier. The users have updated Galaxy S5 to this latest build via OTA. However, some users did not receive the OTA alert and still waiting. Also, some users haven’t updated for some reason like Root, custom ROMs or anything else. If you are one of those, then don’t worry here is the solution. Here in this guide, we had managed to share the download link and the step by step instructions to Install Galaxy S5 G900F Marshmallow XXS1CPC8 Firmware. However, after flashing this updated firmware you will lose the root access and any other customization. The device will be restored to stock position.
The update brings all the latest features of Marshmallow for the device. You can check the OTA updates from the device Settings > About Phone > System Updates > tap Check for updates. If for any reason you are not able to update via OTA, then you should have to manually install Galaxy S5 G900F Marshmallow XXS1CPC8 Official Firmware via Odin flash tool. Download firmware and then follow the guide stepwise, don’t miss any part.
Important: These guidelines and firmware updates specifically proposed to Install Galaxy S5 G900F Marshmallow XXS1CPC8 Official Firmware. Don’t apply on any other device. Also, follow all the steps carefully and at your own risk. We are not responsible if anything goes wrong to your device.
- First of all, properly backup your existing data on the device.
- Also, your device must have at least 70% charged battery, before proceedings.
- Install Samsung latest USB driver at your Windows PC. | Download Link
- Enable USB Debugging Mode at the device, go to Settings> Developer options. [Tap About device > Tap Build Number more than 7 times to Enable Developer options]
Odin Flashing tool at your PC and extract. [Download Link]
Andriod 6.0.1 Marshmallow XXS1CPC8 for Galaxy S5 G900F. [Download Link]
Steps to Install Galaxy S5 G900F Marshmallow XXS1CPC8 Firmware
- Run Odin on the windows PC, by right-click .exe file and then click run as administrator.
- Turn off S5 and then boot in Download Mode > Press and hold VOL-DOWN+ HOME+ POWER all buttons at once and then VOL-UP to do so.
- Once S5 is in download mode, connect it to PC via USB cable. Here you will see that ID:COM port turns blue and added text down in the box. Its mean your device is connected properly, otherwise, reinstall USB driver.
- Now press AP/PDA button on the Odin tool > locate and select “. tar.md5” file from the firmware folder.
- Then confirm that only “Reset.Time” and “Auto-Reboot” options are ticked and the other options are unticked.
- Then click START button and wait until you see PASS text in green at the Odin screen.
- Finally, the device gets reboot auto or do it forcefully.
Tip: if anyone facing boot loop issue then boot device in recovery mode > perform wipe data & wipe cache once then reboot normally.
In results, the process of download and install Galaxy S5 G900F Marshmallow XXS1CPC8 Official Firmware got successful. Enjoy! Source: Sammobile