Root guide for the Samsung Galaxy J2 2016 and Galaxy J2 Pro, is available here. Both are the latest mid-rangers of Samsung released this year in 2016. Both the devices have pretty nice shape and style along with satisfactory hardware specs. However, the users can always find more enhancements by getting root access to make some customization. So the users of J2 2016 and J2 Pro can also have a chance to root and get admin right for further improvements. Also, today we will show you the easy method to Root Galaxy J2 2016 And Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro. We will simply flash chainfire SuperSU via TWRP custom recovery. However, this will void the warranty of the device for the time but you can recover it by flashing stock firmware anytime.
Root definitely allows you full rights over the device and you can then flash any third party app, custom ROMs, Custom kernels, also, you can remove any unnecessary app. You can overclock and under clock processor. All these operations will make your device faster and better. If you are interested, then follow the under mentioned guide step by step.
Important: This tool and steps can be used, to Root Galaxy J2 2016 And Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro only, not any other variant. This process will also wipe your existing data so backup your data before processing. Also, it will void the warranty of the device. So think twice before starting and proceed only at your own risk.
- Perform backup for all the existing data on the device such as contacts, text messages, gallery items and apps etc. before proceeding.
- Also, make sure that the device you hold is sufficiently charged.
- Install the USB driver of Samsung on the PC you are using. | Download Link
- Your device must have TWRP recovery, if not installed then click here. | Link
- Download SuperSU rooting package of chainfire here | Link
Steps to Root Galaxy J2 2016 And Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro
- Download the root tool from the link above at your PC.
- Now copy the SuperSU zip file at the device internal storage.
- Unplug and power off Galaxy J2.
- Then boot in recovery mode, to do so press and hold volume up+ home+ power keys all at once for a couple of seconds.
- Now select Install > Choose SuperSU Zip file > then Swipe at the screen bottom to confirm.
- Finally, tap reboot followed by system to boot the device normally.
In results, the process to Root Galaxy J2 2016 And Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro got successful. Now your device is rooted. If you have any question, do a comment below.