Step by step Instructions to Root Asus ZenFone 3, Install TWRP recovery and Unlock Bootloader are available here. You will learn the easiest method of how to completely unlock Asus ZenFone 3 and get Root access. Asus Zenfone 3 is a latest and pretty nice smartphone. The device has all the latest features with amazing and fast performance. However, there is always some space for further optimization. So, here we provide everything to Root Asus ZenFone 3, Install TWRP and Unlock Bootloader. If you willing to root and install TWRP on Asus Zenfone 3, then follow this guide completely.
As we know that all the android device come with bootloader locked. So we will first unlock the bootloader and then flash TWRP and SuperSU to get root access. However, all these operations are unofficial and in results, you will lose the warranty of the device. However, it will give you full admin rights and you can then customize your device for further enhancement. Follow the steps without missing any step.
Important: This tutorial is advised only to Root Asus ZenFone 3, Install TWRP and Unlock Bootloader Officially. So, never try on any other device. Also, we softstech.net takes no responsibility if anything goes wrong with your device. So, It’s entirely your decision to flash and proceed this guide.
- Take a complete backup of the entire data on Zenfone 3 before proceedings.
- Also, install the USB driver of Asus on the system you are using. | Link
- Do charge the battery of Zenfone more than 70% before processing.
- Also, enable USB Debugging on Zenfone 3 go to Settings → Developer options
- Download and install ADB & Fastboot drivers on the PC. | Window users
- Download this all in one Zip file and then extract on the PC. | Link
Steps to Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP and Root Asus ZenFone 3
I) Unlock Bootloader of Asus ZenFone 3
- Boot Zenfone 3 into bootloader mode with turning off the device and then press and hold VOL UP+ POWER buttons at once for a few seconds.
- Then connect the device to PC and then double click .bat file inside the extracted folder.
- “0.unlock_ze520kl.bat” for model number ZE520KL.
- “0.unlock_ze552kl.bat” for model number ZE552KL.
- In case the above files don’t work for you then issue the following commands in cmd window. [ Run cmd in ADB folder, go to ADB folder at C:\ drive, then press shift key+ right click then click “Run command window here”].
- fastboot flash all unlock_ze520kl.raw [for model number ZE520KL]
- fastboot flash all unlock_ze552kl.raw [for model number ZE552KL]
- fastboot reboot bootloader
- fastboot oem unlock-go
So, these commands will unlock the bootloader of Zenfone 3.
II) Install TWRP on Asus ZenFone 3:
- Now find the “twrp-3.0.2-xxx.img” and rename it as “recovery.img”.
- Then follow this guide → Install TWRP .img file via ADB commands on any device.
- The will install TWRP Recovery on Zenfone 3.
III) Root Asus ZenFone 3:
- Now copy the SuperSU zip on the Zenfone 3 internal storage.
- Then follow this guide → Install SuperSU Zip via TWRP recovery on any device.
Source – XDA
In results, the process to Root Asus ZenFone 3, Install TWRP and Unlock Bootloader Officially will get successful. If you have any problem, then contact us.