Root access is the base of the custom operations and performance enhancements. Also, sometimes you really need to Unbrick/ Unroot Samsung Galaxy J2 for various reasons. In this guide, I will teach and describe you to Unroot Samsung Galaxy J2 and Install Stock Firmware. In the context, to send your device for services via warranty or you want to sell or replace your device, Unroot Samsung Galaxy J2, and Install Stock Firmware are must do practices. However, it would require the stock firmware and an easy method to install it on the device. So we had managed both the stock firmware and flashing guide for you. If you are interested, then follow the guide to perform all the process in a few minutes. You just have to download the device specific firmware and Odin flash tool, then follow the steps to flash.
Important: This guide and firmware are proposed to Unbrick/ Unroot Samsung Galaxy J2 and Install Stock Firmware. Don’t use on any other device. Also, it will wipe the complete data on the device, so keep a backup of your data. Proceed everything at the guide at your own risk. We may not be held responsible for any miss consequences.
- First of all, completely backup your data on the device like contact, gallery, and SMS etc.
- Also, your device must have more than 70% charged battery.
- Install the latest USB driver of Samsung at your Windows PC. | Download Link
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the device, go to Settings > Developer options. [Tap about device > then tap build number more than 7 times to enable Developer options]
- Download Odin flashing tool at your Windows PC and then Extract. | Link
First of all, check out your device model number from Settings > About phone then download the device specific firmware at the PC and then extract it.
- SM-J200G – Stock Firmware
- SM-J200F – Stock Firmware
- SM-J200GU –Stock Firmware
- SM-J200BT –Stock Firmware
- SM-J200H – Stock Firmware
- SM-J200M – Stock Firmware
- SM-J200Y – Stock Firmware
Steps to Install Stock Firmware and Unroot Samsung Galaxy J2
- Launch Odin tool by double-click on .exe executable file at the Odin folder.
- Now turn off J2 and then boot on Download Mode, press and hold VOL-DOWN+ HOME+ POWER keys all at once then VOL-UP
- Once J2 in download mode, connect it PC and you will notice that ID:COM port turns blue and Added text displays.
- If don’t, then reinstall the USB driver at the PC or change the USB port.
- Once J2 gets connected properly, click AP button and select “. tar.md5” file from the downloaded firmware folder.
- Next, do confirm that “F-Reset-Time” and “Auto-Reboot” options are ticked, no other.
- Finally, click “START” button and wait until PASS text display, the device will reboot automatically or do it manually.
In result, the process of Unbrick/ Unroot Samsung Galaxy J2 and Install Stock Firmware got successful. Enjoy!