Here are the guidelines for rooting Galaxy J7 on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. The Samsung Galaxy J7 is a very famous, stylish and mid-ranger device. The device has some very nice features as compared to other same budget devices. If you hold Galaxy J7 and willing to get root access then here is the easy tool and guide for you. We have shared this guide to Root Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J700M with CF-Auto-Root Running Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. Download the CF-Auto-Root tool of Chainfire and then use the following guide to flash it and Root Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J700M easily.
WARNING: This guide and tool, can be used only to Root Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J700M with CF-Auto-Root Running Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. Don’t try on any other device. This may void the device warranty and trip the KNOX security. Also, proceed and flash at your own risk only.
- Backup for the necessary data at J7 is recommended.
- At least 70% charge the device battery before flashing process.
- Install Samsung USB driver latest version at your PC. [Link]
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the device from the main Settings. > Developer options. [Tap about Device>> find Build Number and tap it 7 times repeatedly to enable Developer options].
- Download Odin flashing tool latest version. [Link]
- Download CF-Auto-Root tool from here. [Link]
- If you got not flashing CF-Auto-Root or Booting problem go to XDA Thread.
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J700M with CF-Auto-Root Running Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Download and extract Odin and CF-Auto-Root tool from the links above at the PC.
- Run Odin Tool at the PC and Power off Galaxy J7.
- Boot J7 on downloading mode [Once J7 is turned off, press and hold Vol-Down+Home+ Power buttons for a few seconds, you will see a warning yellow screen then press VOL UP]
- Now connect the J7 to PC and note the ID:COM port status at Odin, it will turns blue with added text below.
- Then click AP/ PDA button on the Odin tool and navigate to CF-Auto-Root extracted folder, find and select .tar.md5
- Don’t change the options on the Odin screen, and then click START
- The process will starts and ends on showing PASS text, then device reboots auto or do it manually.
Enjoy, Root Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J700M done successfully.