These are guidelines to update Samsung Galaxy Express 2 to Android 7.0 Nougat. The update is available in CyanogenMod14. The official Android 7.0 Nougat is not released for Galaxy Express 2 yet. But thanks to the XDA member
kotzir for providing the CM14 ROM for Galaxy express 2.
If you want to taste the nougat features on your Galaxy express 2 so you are in right place. In this post, we will show you how to install Android 7.0 ROM on Samsung Galaxy express 2. If you are interested the. follow the steps below.
If you want to install the custom Android 7.0 ROM .
- Camera (Photos)
- Internal Storage
- NFC, as usual, no source is available
- SELinux permissive
- Some settings do not apply
- Some more not discovered yet
Note:- This tutorial is intended only for the Rooted Samsung Galaxy Express 2, so it’s advisable not to test it on other devices. The below-presented guide is well accepted and has a high success rate but there could be still a probability for misfortunes, so it’s completely the user’s choice to follow the guidelines. You alone are responsible for any effects that might occur while in the process, we shall not be held responsible for any harm to your device.
- Make sure that your device battery is charged to above 60% to prevent it from unexpected shutdowns leading to damaged partitions.
- Take the backup of anything on the device.
- Download & install Samsung USB Drivers: Link
- Make sure your device has USB Debugging enabled in Developer Options.
- Download Android 7.0 CM14 ROM for Galaxy Express 2: Link
- Download Gapps package: Link
Steps to Install Android Nougat Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Express 2:
- First of all, download the Android 7.0 Nougat ROM and Gapps files from above links.
- Once the files downloaded then connect your Samsung phone to PC via USB cable.
- Now transfer the files to Galaxy Express 2 storage.
- One the files transferred then switch and boot your device into Recovery mode by press and hold “Volume Down+Power Button”
- Now you are in recovery mode so do “Factory Reset” by Goto Wipe =>Advanced Wipe =>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data swipe to confirm the action.
- Now click on Install and locate the “ROM file” that you transferred in step 3 & swipe to Install the ROM. Once the ROM installed then install the GApps file, repeat the steps again.
- Once the Gapps installed then wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
That’s it, Now your Samsung Galaxy Express 2 running on Android 7.0 Nougat CM14 ROM. If you have any query let us in the comment area we will be happy to assist you!