Now Huawei Honor 8 users can update his smartphone to B120 Marshmallow firmware. The new update comes with latest features and I hope you can enjoy after the update. This is the official update so if you are not received the alert then you can manually update your Honor 8 from Here.
If you have Honor 8 smartphone and want to update so you are in right place. In this post, we will show you how to update Huawei Honor 8 to Android Marshmallow. You can see the complete guidelines below.
Note: This Update tutorial is only for Huawei Honor 8 (Europe). So don’t apply to other models. If you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your smartphone .
- Device: Huawei Honor 8
- Models No: FRD-L09
- ANDROID 6.0.1
- EMUI: 4.1
- Firmware: B122
- Build No: FRD-L09C432B120
- Region: Europe
- Status: Official OTA Update
- Take the backup of all necessary data on Huawei Honor 8 before proceedings.
- At least 60% charge in the battery is necessary.
- Install Huawei latest USB driver at your PC: Link
- Enable USB Debugging Mode from Settings => Developer options.
- Download Huawei Honor 8 B120 Stock ROM: Link
Steps to Update Honor 8 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow:
- First of all download Stock ROM for Honor 8 from above link.
- Once the files downloaded then extract it and connect your Honor 8 to PC.
- Now create a folder dload in the root of your SD card (If the dload folder not exists) and place the update.app file in that folder.
- Once the file transferred then switch off your device.
- Now press “Volume Up + Volume Down and Power Button” together. The update process will start Automatically .
- Now wait for few minutes to complete the process.
That’s all, Now your Huawei Honor 8 running on B120 Marshmallow firmware. If you have any query let us in the comment area. we will be happy to assist you!