Update Huawei Honor 8 Smart to B301 Nougat [Full Firmware]
These are guidelines to update the Honor 8 Smart to B301 Nougat. The update is rolling via OTA and many already updated to latest Android Nougat. But if you have not received the update alert via OTA. So from here, you can manually install B301 Nougat firmware on Huawei Honor 8.
The update comes with latest security patch and many other features. The B301 firmware based on EMUI 5.0 and available for the VEN-L22 variant. If you have Honor 8 VEN-L22 and you have interested the B301 Nougat then follow the guidelines below.
Note: This Update tutorial is only for Huawei Honor 8 Smart (VEN-L22) smartphone. So don’t apply to other Huawei models. If you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your smartphone.
- Device: Huawei Honor 8 Smart
- Models No: VEN-L22
- Android: 7.0
- EMUI: 5.0
- Firmware: B301
- Build Number: VEN-L22C675B301
- Status: Official OTA Update
- Region: India
- Take the backup of all necessary data on Honor 8 before proceedings.
- At least 60% charge in the battery is necessary.
- Install Huawei latest USB driver at your PC: Link
- Enable USB Debugging Mode from Settings => Developer options.
Download Huawei Honor 8 Smart Nougat ROM:
Steps to Update Huawei Honor 8 Smart to B301 Nougat Firmware:
- First of all, download Stock ROM for Huawei Honor 8 from above link.
- Once the files downloaded then extract it and connect your Honor 8 to PC or Laptop.
- Now create a folder dload in the root of your SD card (If the dload folder not exists) and place the update.app file in that folder.
- Once the file transferred then switch off your device.
- Now press “Volume Up + Volume Down and Power Button” together. The update process will start automatically.
- Wait for few minutes to complete the process.
That’s all, Now your Huawei Honor 8 Smart running on Nougat firmware. If you have any query let us in the comment area. we will be happy to assist you!