Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500F is ready for the new Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Now the Galaxy J5 users can enjoy the amazing features of Marshmallow like beautiful icons, wallpapers and animations etc. Samsung recently updates the Samsung Galaxy S5, Galaxy S5 Plus, and Galaxy A9 and now released official firmware for Galaxy J5 SM-J500F.
DISCLAIMER: This Update tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500F (India) so don’t apply on other models. If you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your smartphone .
- Take backup for all necessary data on J5 before proceedings.
- At least 60% charge in battery is necessary.
- Install Samsung latest USB driver at your PC: Link
- Enable USB Debugging Mode & OEM Unlock at Galaxy J5, from Settings. => Developer options.
Steps to Install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Samsung Galaxy J5:
- First of all, enable USB debugging from setting.
- Now download official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for Galaxy J5: Link
- Download the latest version of Odin tool v3.9: Link
- Once the both files downloaded then unzip it.
- Now Run the Odin tool on your Computer.
- Switch off and Boot your Galaxy J5 into Download Mode by pressing and hold “Power + Home + Volume Down” buttons.
- Once you enter into Download mode, you will see an ID: COM port turned blue and Added message in Odin message box.
- If the ID:COM port does not turn blue that means your device has not recognized by Odin. So you need to check the drivers and USB cable.
- Now locate and select the firmware ‘.tar‘ file (you downloaded in step 2)to the AP/PDA tab in Odin.
- Make sure that only these two options are tick “Auto Reboot”, “F.Reset Time“ and Re-partition is NOT ticked.
- Now click on “Start” button and it’ll start flashing the firmware file. Now you need to wait until you see ‘Pass‘ in Green Color on Odin tool screen.
- Once the flashing process is done then your Galaxy J5 is reboot automatically.
That’s it, Now your Samsung Galaxy J5 running on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.