Hi friends, yesterday we published the Samsung Galaxy J5 update tutorial and today we will show you how to update Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J700H to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. If you are not received the OTA notification so don’t worry now you can update your Galaxy J7 manually from this tutorial.
If you have Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J700H and want to update so you are in right place. In this post, we will complete guide you how to install Android 6.0.1 OS on Galaxy J7. Before starting the update procedure you need preparation.
DISCLAIMER: This Update tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J700H (Russia) so don’t apply to other models. If you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your smartphone .
- Take the backup of all necessary data on J7 before proceedings.
- At least 60% charge in the battery is necessary.
- Install Samsung latest USB driver at your PC: Link
- Enable USB Debugging Mode & OEM Unlock at Galaxy J7, from Settings. => Developer options.
Steps to Install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Samsung Galaxy J7:
- First of all, download official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for Galaxy J7: Link
- Download the latest version of Odin tool v3.9: Link
- Once the both files downloaded then unzip it.
- Now Run the Odin tool on your Computer or Laptop.
- Switch off and Boot your Galaxy J7 into Download Mode by press & hold “Power + Home + Volume Down” buttons.
- Once you enter into Download mode, you’ill see an ID: COM port turned blue and Added message in Odin tool message box.
- If the ID:COM port does not turn blue that means your device has not recognized by Odin. So you need to check the drivers and USB cable.
- Now find and select the firmware ‘.tar‘ file (you downloaded in step 1)to the AP/PDA tab in Odin.
- Make sure that only these two options are tick “Auto Reboot”, “F.Reset Time” and Re-partition is NOT ticked.
- Now click on “Start” button and it’ll start flashing. Now you need to wait until you see ‘Pass‘ in Green Color on Odin tool screen.
- Once the flashing process is finished so your Galaxy J7 is reboot automatically.
Congrats! Now your Samsung Galaxy J7 is running on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.