Good news for the Xperia X Compact users, they can now manually Update Xperia X Compact to Android 7.0 Nougat. The official Nougat firmware has started rolling out recently. The users of Xperia X Compact are getting OTA notifications. A number of the users have already updated their device. Also, you can opt for the manual download and update method. We are here to share a simple step by step guide for manual method. The FTF file for the Xperia X Compact has been provided. Xperia X Compact has the build number 34.2.A.0.266 and you can download it from the link below. Also, we share recently the guide to Update Xperia X and X Dual to Android 7.0 Nougat [F5121/ F5122]. So, follow the installation steps here to Update Xperia X Compact to Android 7.0 Nougat.
Android Nougat has already been provided for several Xperia devices. And now the Xperia X Compact is getting Nougat official build. This firmware for Xperia X Compact has all the improvements and features of Android 7.0 Nougat. If you are interested and are ready, then here everything. Download FTF file and Sony flash tool, then follow the entire steps accordingly to Update Xperia X Compact to Android 7.0 Nougat Manually. Don’t skip any step.
Note: The under mentioned tutorial is specifically intended to Manually Update Xperia X Compact to Android 7.0 Nougat [F5321]. So, don’t try for any other purpose or any other device. Also, flashing firmware involves risks. We guidebeats.com strive to provide you highly accurate method but don’t claim to be free from any error. So, entirely flash and proceed at your own risk.
- Perform a full backup of the existing data on Xperia X Compact. Like contact, gallery items, text messages and app data etc.
- Also, make sure that the battery of Xperia X Compact has at least 70% charging level.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on Xperia, go to Settings → Developer options.
- Install the USB driver of Sony or Sony companion on your PC, for seamless connectivity. | Link
- Also, Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on the system. | Windows users
Download Nougat FTF files
Android Nougat FTF file for Xperia X Compact F5321 –| Download Link
Download Sony Flash Tool
Steps to Update Xperia X Compact to Android 7.0 Nougat
- Download flash tool from the link above and then install on the PC.
- Now go to C:\ Program files -> Flashtool folder -> Drivers folder -> double click Flashtool-drivers.exe
- Then select Flashtool + Fastboot+ Xperia drivers and click install.
- Now download Nougat firmware for your device model from the link and move to C:\ Program files\ Flashtool folder \ Firmware folder.
- Now double click Flashtool.exe file, to run Flashing tool.
- Then select Flash device->Flashmode and Select the firmware FTF file that you moved in the Firmware folder.
- Check Wipe cache, data, APPS_LOG and USERDATA if you want to perform a clean install, or leave if you want only upgrade.
- Then click “OK”, to start flashing and then wait for preparing the firmware file.
- Once the firmware file is loaded, turn off and connect the device to PC while pressing Volume Down key repeatedly.
- Once the device is detected in Flash mode, the firmware will start
- Finally, the installation completes, and your phone boots
So that’s how to manually Update Xperia X Compact to Android 7.0 Nougat [F5321]. If there is any issue, don’t hesitate to contact us via the discussion section below.