Huawei Honor 8 has received the official Marshmallow firmware. The latest Marshmallow based on emui 4.1 and many users already updated his honor 8 smartphone. If you are not received the OTA update alert so don’t worry. In this post, we will complete guide you to update Huawei Honor 8 FRD-L04 to B122 Marshmallow firmware.
If you have Huawei Honor 8 and want to install the latest Marshmallow firmware. So You are in right place from below guidelines you can easily update your Honor 8 smartphone to B122 Stock firmware.
Note: This Update tutorial is only for Huawei Honor 8 (United States). So don’t apply to other models. If you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your smartphone .
- Device: Huawei Honor 8
- Models No: FRD-L04
- Android: 6.0.1
- EMUI: 4.0.1
- Firmware: B122
- Build No: FRD-L04C567B122
- Region: United States
- Status: Official OTA Update
- Take the backup of all necessary data on Huawei Honor 8 before proceedings.
- At least 60% charge in the battery is necessary.
- Install Huawei latest USB driver at your PC: Link
- Enable USB Debugging Mode from Settings => Developer options.
- Download Huawei Honor 8 B122 Stock ROM: Link
Steps to Upgrade Huawei Honor 8 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow:
- First of all download Stock ROM for Honor 8 from above link.
- Once the files downloaded then extract it and connect your Honor 8 to PC.
- Now transfer the file the root folder and create a folder dload in the root of your SD card and place the update.app file in that folder.
- Once the file transferred then switch off your device.
- Now press “Volume Up + Volume Down and Power Button” together. The update process will start automatically.
- Now wait for few minutes to complete the process.
That’s all, Now your Huawei Honor 8 running on B122 Marshmallow firmware. If you have any query let us in the comment area. we will be happy to assist you!