These are the guidelines to update Huawei Honor 4x to new B515 Marshmallow. In the previous post, we have updated the Huawei Honor 5x and now we are going to share the updating tutorial for Honor 4x. The new update released by Huawei so it is full OTA package and now users can update your device from setting > About and System updates or you can also install B515 Marshmallow firmware on Honor 4x manually.
If you have Honor 4x and want to update so you are in right place. In this post, we are going to share step by step guide to update Huawei Honor 4x to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. If you are interested in the manually method then follow the steps below.
- Device: Huawei Honor 4x
- Models No: Che2-L11
- Android: 6.0
- EMUI: 4.0
- Firmware: B515
- Build No: Che2-L11C636B515
- Region: Asia
- Status: Official OTA Update
Disclaimer: This Update tutorial is only for Huawei Honor 4x Che2-L11 (Asia). so don’t apply to other models. If you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your smartphone .
- Take the backup of all necessary data on Huawei Honor 4X before proceedings.
- At least 60% charge in the battery is necessary.
- Install Huawei latest USB driver at your PC: Link
- Enable USB Debugging Mode from Settings => Developer options.
- Download Huawei Honor 4x B515 Stock ROM: Link
Steps to Update Huawei Honor 4X to Android 6.0 Marshmallow:
- First of all download Stock ROM for Honor 4x from above link.
- Once the files downloaded then extract it and connect your Honor 4X to PC.
- Now transfer the file the root folder and create a folder dload in the root of your SD card and place the update.app file in that folder.
- Once the file transferred then switch off your honor 4X.
- Now press “Volume Up + Volume Down and Power Button” together. The update process will start automatically.
- Now wait for few minutes to complete the process.
- That’s it, Now your Huawei Honor 4X running on Android 6.0 515 Marshmallow Firmware .