LG G3 is one of the amazing smartphones by LG company. And lots of users very appreciated because it comes with new features and great specs. Today I have good news for LG G3 users now you can update the LG G3 smartphone to Android 7.0 AOSP ROM. Recently we updated the Huawei smartphones and today SoftsTech team focus on LG devices. The team aims to provide the simple guidelines for Technology lovers.
If you have T-Mobile LG G3 (D851) so you are lucky. Now you can taste Android 7.0 on your G3 smartphone. Recently Google released official Android 7.0 only for Nexus devices. But many thanks to josegalre XDA member to provide the unofficial Android 7.0 for LG G3. Now you can easily update LG G3 to the custom Android 7.0. If you have LG G3 and want to install you are in right place. In this tutorial, we will show you how to update LG G3 to Android 7.0 Nougat ROM.
Before installing Android 7.0 AOSP ROM you need to
root and install TWRP on your LG G3. If you have already rooted a G3 phone and installed TWRP so you are lucky now you can install the Android 7.0 Nougat ROM by following the guidelines below.
This tutorial is intended only for the LG G3 (D850, D851 and D855), so it’s advisable not to test it on other devices. The below-presented guide is well accepted and has a high success rate but there could be still a probability for misfortunes, so it’s completely the user’s choice to follow the guideline. You alone are responsible for any effects that might occur while in the process, we shall not be held responsible for any harm to your device.
- Make sure that your device battery is charged to above 60% to prevent it from unexpected shutdowns leading to damaged partitions.
- Take the backup of anything on the device.
- Download & LG USB Drivers.
- Make sure your device has USB Debugging enabled in Developer Options.
- Download Android 7.0 AOSP ROM for LG G3: Link
- Download Gapps package: Link
Steps to Install Android 7.0 Nougat ROM on LG G3:
- First of all, download the Android 7.0 ROM and Gapps from above links.
- Once the both files downloaded then connect your G3 to PC / Laptop.
- Now transfer the both files to LG G3.
- Once the files transferred then disconnect the phone from PC.
- Now switch off and Boot your device into Recovery mode by press and hold “Volume Down+Power Button”.
- Now do a “Factory Reset” by Goto Wipe => Advanced Wipe =>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
- Now, Go to Install and locate the Android 7.0 AOSP ROM file (zip) and swipe to Install the ROM. Once the process completes, then flash the GApps (zip) file.
- Once the Gapps installed then wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
That’s it, Now your LG G3 running on Android 7.0 Nougat ROM. If you have any query let us in the comment area!