A few days ago we update Honor 5x to CM 13 ROM. But Now I have good news for Honor 5x users. Now you can update your Huawei Honor 5x to official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. This is the full OTA package so you can easily install this firmware. We also provide you step by step guidelines.
Recently we updated many Huawei smartphones and today we are going to share the new update tutorial for Honor 5x. So if you have Honor 5x and want to update so you are lucky. In this post, we will show you how to upgrade Huawei Honor 5x to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. If you are interested then follow the steps below.
- Device: Huawei Honor 5x
- Models No: KIW-L21
- Android: 6.0.1
- EMUI: 4.0
- Firmware: B340
- Build No: KIW-L21C432B340
- Region: Europe
- Status: Official OTA Update
Disclaimer: This Update tutorial is only for Huawei Honor 5x KIW-L21 (Europe). so don’t apply to other models. If you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your smartphone .
- Take the backup of all necessary data on Huawei Honor 5X before proceedings.
- At least 60% charge in the battery is necessary.
- Install Huawei latest USB driver at your PC: Link
- Enable USB Debugging Mode from Settings => Developer options.
- Download Huawei Honor 5x B340 Stock ROM: Link
Steps to Update Huawei Honor 5X to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow:
- First of all download Stock ROM for Honor 5x from above link.
- Once the files downloaded then extract it and connect your Honor 5X to PC.
- Now transfer the file the root folder and create a folder dload in the root of your SD card and place the update.app file in that folder.
- Once the file transferred then switch off your honor 5X.
- Now press “Volume Up + Volume Down and Power Button” together. The update process will start automatically.
- Now wait for few minutes to complete the process.
- That’s it, Now your Huawei Honor 5X running on Android 6.0.1 B340 Marshmallow Firmware .