Now Honor 5X users can install CynogenMod 13 ROM. Because CynogenMod 13 ROM is most popular custom ROM and many people like it. CM 13 ROM comes with lots of features like battery optimizations, Doze mode, App permissions, Now on Tap, customization of Status bar and much more. If you want to enjoy these features so here we will guide you to install CynogenMod 13 ROM on Honor 5X.
Before installation of CM 13, you need to confirm the phone model. If you have another model then don’t install because it will brick your phone. If you have Honor 5X [KIW-L24, L22, L21] then you can easily install this CynogenMod 13 ROM. If you are interested in this custom ROM and want to update so follow the guidelines below.
- Take the backup of all necessary data on honor 5x before proceedings.
- At least 60% charge in the battery is necessary.
- Install Honor 5X latest USB driver at your PC: Link
- Enable USB Debugging Mode from Settings => Developer options.
- Download CynogenMod 13 ROM for Honor 5x: Link
- Download Gapps for Honor 5x: Link
Steps to Install CyanogenMod 13 ROM on Huawei Honor 5X:
- First of all download CM 13 ROM and Gapps Zip file from above links.
- Once the files downloaded then connect your phone to PC via cable and transfer the file to your Phone’s Internal memory.
- Now switch off and Boot your device into recovery mode by press and hold “Volume Down +Power Button”.
- Now you’ll see the TWRP Recovery menu. From here Tap on Wipe -> Advanced Wipe and Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm the action.
- Wait for a few minutes until the phone wipes your data.
Now go back to the TWRP recovery menu and Tap on the Install Button.
- Now locate the CM 13 ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM.
- Once the ROM installed then Flash the GApps zip file.
- Once the Gapps installed then Wipe Cache and Dalvik again.
- Now Reboot System.
Congrats! Now your Honor 5X running on the Latest CM 13 ROM.