The Galaxy S4 is one of the popular smartphone from Samsung company. And nowadays many received the new Android 7.0 unofficial ROM. Recently Google released the Android 7.0 Nougat ROM officially for the Nexus devices. But many thanks to the XDA senior member +bb+ for provided the Android 7.0 AOSP ROM.
If you have Samsung Galaxy S4 and want to taste the new Android 7.0 features so you are in right place. In this post, we will show you how to install the Android 7.0 AOSP ROM on Samsung Galaxy S4. Before starting the procedure prepare your device. Because without Root and TWRP recovery you can’t install any custom ROM. So
Root your Galaxy S4 and install TWRP Recovery first. Once your device rooted and installed TWRP recovery then follow the steps below to install the Android 7.0 custom ROM on Galaxy S4.
This tutorial is intended only for the Rooted Samsung Galaxy S4 (International Variants), so it’s advisable not to test it on other devices. The below-presented guide is well accepted and has a high success rate but there could be still a probability for misfortunes, so it’s completely the user’s choice to follow the guideline. You alone are responsible for any effects that might occur while in the process, we shall not be held responsible for any harm to your device.
- Make sure that your device battery is charged to above 60% to prevent it from unexpected shutdowns leading to damaged partitions.
- Take the backup of anything on the device.
- Download & install Samsung USB Drivers: Link
- Make sure your device has USB Debugging enabled in Developer Options.
- Download Android 7.0 AOSP ROM for Galaxy S4: Link
- Download Gapps package: Link
Steps to Install Android 7.0 Nougat ROM on Samsung Galaxy S4:
- First of all, download the Android 7.0 ROM and Gapps files from above links.
- Once the files downloaded then connect your phone to PC via USB cable.
- Now transfer the files to Galaxy S4 phone storage.
- One the files transferred then switch and boot your device into Recovery mode by press and hold “Volume Down+Power Button”
- Now you are in recovery mode so do “Factory Reset” by Goto Wipe =>Advanced Wipe =>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data swipe to confirm the action.
- Now click on Install and locate the “ROM file” that you transferred in step 3 & swipe to Install the ROM. Once the ROM installed then install the GApps file, repeat the steps again.
- Once the Gapps installed then wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
That’s all, Now your Samsung Galaxy S4 running on Android 7.0 Nougat AOSP ROM. If you have any query let us in the comment area we will be happy to assist you!