Good news for Huawei Mate 8 users now you can update your Mate 8 to latest B521 Android Nougat Firmware. We all known about Android Nougat OS. Google firstly released for his Nexus devices but now many smartphone companies released Android Nougat for his devices via OTA. Huawei also rolling out for Huawei Mate 8 NXT-L09/NXT-L29 via OTA. If you have Huawei Mate 8 smartphone and you have not received the OTA update alert. So from here you can update Huawei Mate 8 to Android 7.0 Nougat manually.
The latest update based on EMUI 5.0 and also packed with new features and hope users will enjoy after an update. If you are interested and want to update your Mate 8 just follow the steps below.
Note: This Update tutorial is only for Huawei Mate 8 (Europe). So don’t apply to other models. If you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your smartphone.
- Device: Huawei Mate 8
- Models No: NXT-L09 & NXT-L29
- Android: 7.0
- EMUI: 5.0
- Firmware: B521
- Build No: NXT-L09C432B521| NXT-L29C432B521
- Region: Europe
- Status: Official OTA Update
- Take the backup of all necessary data on Huawei Mate 8 before proceedings.
- At least 60% charge in the battery is necessary.
- Install Huawei latest USB driver at your PC: Link
- Enable USB Debugging Mode from Settings => Developer options.
- Download Huawei Mate 8 NXT-L09C432B521 B521 Stock ROM: Link
- Download Huawei Mate 8 NXT-L29C432B521 B521 Stock ROM: Link
Steps to Update Huawei Mate 8 to B521 Android Nougat Firmware:
- First of all, download Stock ROM for Huawei Mate 8 from above link.
- Once the files downloaded then extract it and connect your Mate 8 to PC or Laptop.
- Now create a folder dload in the root of your SD card (If the dload folder not exists) and place the update.app file in that folder.
- Once the file transferred then switch off your device.
- Now press “Volume Up + Volume Down and Power Button” together. The update process will start automatically .
- Now wait for few minutes to complete the process.
That’s all, Now your Huawei Mate 8 smartphone running on B521 Nougat firmware. If you have any query let us in the comment area. we will be happy to assist you!