Lots of Samsung devices received the new Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OTA Update and Galaxy S6 Edge Plus is also received the new Android 6.0.1. Most of the people like the new Marshmallow version because it comes with new features like Doze mode, new app permissions and more. If you have Galaxy S6 Edge and running on Android 6.0.1 so I have good news for you. Today we decided to provide the rooting tutorial for Galaxy S6 Edge Plus (SM-G928G).
Once your Galaxy S6 Edge Plus rooted then you can easily install those apps which need root access and also install the custom ROMs. If you are interested so these are the guidelines to root Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus (SM-G928G) on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow (build id MMB29K.G928GUBU2BPC1).
The rooting method described below is meant only for the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus (SM-G928G) and is considered unsafe. Additionally, it’ll also void the warranty of your Galaxy S6 Edge Plus . Do not proceed until you understand what you’re going to do and are mindful of its effects.
Prepare Your Galaxy S6 Edge Plus:
1. Download & install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC: Link
2. At least 60% charge in the battery is necessary.
4. Enable USB Debugging on your Galaxy S6 Edge Plus from Setting.
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus SM-G928G via Odin Tool:
- First, Download the root files on your Computer : Link
- Once the root files downloaded then extract it.
- Now Switch off and boot your Smartphone into download mode by Press and hold “Volume Down + Home + Power” buttons at same time for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Once you see a Warning Yellow Triangle Sign, so press the Volume Up key to continue.
- Once you enter in download mode then connect your Smartphone to the computer via USB cable.
- Once your Galaxy S6 Edge connected to the computer, Odin tool will automatically
recognize the device and you will see the “Added” message.
- Once your device is recognized by Odin tool, click on the “AP” button and select the CF-Auto-Root file (that you’ve extracted this file in step no 2).
- Now, click on the Start button from Odin interface to begin the flashing.
- Wait for a while the flashing process usually takes 30 to 60 seconds to complete.
- Once the flashing process is finished you will be able to see a Green Box with “Pass”
message in the top corner.
- Once you see, the Pass message then disconnect your device from the PC.
- Now open Applications Menu on your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus and Find SuperSU App. If the SUperSU app exists it means you have successfully rooted your device.
That’all, Now you can install your favorite apps which need root access.