Recently we updated the Samsung Galaxy A7 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. And now we will show you how to update Samsung Galaxy A5 SM-A510F to Android 6.0.1. This new update is rolling out only in Russia and other countries not received the OTA alert. If you can’t wait for the OTA update so from this tutorial you can update your Samsung Galaxy A5 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Manually.
Once your Samsung Galaxy A5 updated then you can enjoy Marshmallow features like Doze Mode, New App Permissions, Now on Tap and much more. If you are ready for installing new Marshmallow version then follow the guidelines below.
Disclaimer: This Update tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy A5 SM-A510F (Russia) so don’t apply to other models. If you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your smartphone .
- Take the backup of all necessary data on A5 before proceedings.
- At least 60% charge in the battery is necessary.
- Install Samsung latest USB driver at your PC: Link
- Enable USB Debugging Mode from Settings => Developer options.
Steps to Install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Samsung Galaxy A5:
- First of all, download official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for Galaxy A5: Link
- Now download the latest version of Odin tool v3.9: Link
- Once the both files downloaded then unzip it.
- Now Run the Odin tool on your Computer or Laptop.
- Switch off & Boot your Galaxy A5 into Download Mode by press & hold “Power + Home + Volume Down”buttons.
- Once you enter into Download mode, you’ill see Added message in Odin tool message box.
- Now find and select the firmware ‘.tar‘ file (you downloaded in step 1) to the AP/PDA tab in Odin.
- Make sure that only these two options are tick “Auto Reboot”, “F.Reset Time” and “Re-partition” is NOT ticked.
- Now click on “Start” button and it will start flashing the firmware file.
- Once the flashing process is complete so your Samsung Galaxy A5 is reboot automatically.
Congrats! Now your Samsung Galaxy A5 is running on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.