The famous Galaxy S6 Edge Sprint of Samsung is getting Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow official update from the manufacturers. This is one of the latest and very powerful devices of the company. The users of this device can now taste the latest build of Marshmallow. This new build of android is full of new and latest features of Marshmallow. Some of the top features include new system UI, DOZE, App permissions, new TouchWiz UX, smooth and better experience of android. Follow these easy steps to Update Galaxy S6 Edge Sprint to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow manually.
WARNING: Update Galaxy S6 Edge Sprint SM – G925P to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow via these guidelines. This firmware and guide are not compatible with other devices. Also, continue with your own risk only. Softstech would not be blamed for any mishap.
- Make sure to backup all the important data on Galaxy S6 first.
- Galaxy S6 battery should have at least 80% charging
- At your PC install Samsung USB driver to connect system and device smoothly. [Link]
- Enable USB Debugging Mode and Unlock OEM at S6. Tap Settings -> Developer options.
- Download ODIN TOOL at the PC and unzip at the desktop. [Link]
- Download Official Android 6.0.1 Firmware for Galaxy S6 Edge Sprint. [SamMobile Link]
Note: Sing-In to SamMobile or create new id click signup and then sing in with that id.
How to Update Galaxy S6 Edge Sprint SM – G925P to Android 6.0.1
- Download and extract both Odin and Firmware zip file from the links provided.
- Open Odin folder and run executable .exe
- Turn off Galaxy S6 Edge and reboot while holding pressed VOL- DOWN+ HOME+ POWER to enter into recovery mode.
- Connect S6 Edge via USB cable and note that ID:COM port turns blue and added text appears.
- Now tap AP button on Odin and browse .tar.md5 firmware file.
- Make sure that Re-Partition box is not checked and other options as by default.
- Next, click Start button on Odin tool to begin flashing.
- Wait for process completion and PASS text appears at the screen.
- Now S6 Edge reboots
That’s how to Update Galaxy S6 Edge Sprint SM – G925P to Android 6.0.1.