Update your Redmi Note 3 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. This ROM comes with amazing features like Doze, better App permissions, Now on Tap, Status bar customization etc. If you want to enjoy this features then update your Note 3.
This is not Stock ROM so you need to update manually. In this post, we will show you how to update Redmi Note to Android 6.0 Marshmallow based on CyanogenMod 13 ROM. If you are interested in new CM 13 ROM then follow steps below.
Disclaimer: This Update tutorial is only for Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 so don’t apply to other models. If you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your smartphone .
- Take the backup of all necessary data on Redmi Note 3 before proceedings.
- At least 60% charge in the battery is necessary.
- Install Samsung latest USB driver at your PC: Link
- Enable USB Debugging Mode from Settings => Developer options.
- Download CyanogenMod 13 ROM for Redmi Note 3: Link
Steps to Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow CM 13 on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3:
- First of all, download Android 6.0 Marshmallow for Note 3 from above link.
- Now download Gapps package: Link
- Once the firmware file and Gapps package downloaded then connect your Note 3 to PC via cable.
- Now transfer to .zip files to Root folder of your Note 3.
- Once file transferred then Switch off & Boot your Note 3 into Download Mode by press & hold “Power + Home + Volume Down”buttons.
- Now “wipe data/factory reset” => Yes to confirm your action.
- Wait for a few minutes until the phone wipes your data.
- Once complete, go back to recovery menu and “Wipe Cache Partition” and also “Wipe Dalvik Cache” too.
- Now Select install zip file from SDcard that you transferred in step 3 => choose a zip file from SD card. Locate the CM13 Marshmallow ROM and select it by pressing the Power button.
- Confirm installation by selecting Yes.
- Once the ROM installed on your phone then you need to repeat the above steps to install GApps on your Note 3.
- Once the Gapps package installed then Reboot system.
That’s all, Now your Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 running on Android 6.o.1 Marshmallow.