Wow! Great news for LG G 2 mini users. Now Android Nougat is available for G2 mini in form of CyanogenMod. We already updated many devices to Android Nougat and now we are going to share the updating tutorial for LG G2 mini. Many thanks to
Nikita Pro Android XDA member for providing this Custom ROM. The Nougat is the latest Android operating System from Google and first released for Nexus devices. And also available for other variant but not for all Android devices.
So if you have LG G 2 mini smartphone and want to taste the Nougat OS. So you are in right place. In this post, we will show you how to Update LG G2 mini to Android 7.0 Nougat custom ROM. If are interested then follow guidelines below.
Before installing Android 7.0 custom ROM you need to
root and install TWRP on your LG G2 mini. If you have already rooted a G2 mini phone and installed TWRP so you are lucky now you can install the Android 7.0 Nougat ROM by following the guidelines below.
This tutorial is intended only for the LG G2 mini, so it’s advisable not to test it on other devices. The below-presented guide is well accepted and has a high success rate but there could be still a probability for misfortunes, so it’s completely the user’s choice to follow the guideline. You alone are responsible for any effects that might occur while in the process, we shall not be held responsible for any harm to your device.
- Make sure that your device battery is charged to above 60% to prevent it from unexpected shutdowns leading to damaged partitions.
- Take the backup of anything on the device.
- Download & LG USB Drivers.
- Make sure your device has USB Debugging enabled in Developer Options.
- Download Android 7.0 CM14 ROM for LG G2 mini: Link
- Camera Fix: Link
- Download Gapps package: Link
Steps to Install Android 7.0 CM14 ROM on LG G2 mini:
- First of all, download the Android 7.0 ROM and Gapps from above links.
- Once the both files downloaded then connect your G2 mini to PC / Laptop.
- Now transfer the both files to LG G2 mini.
- Once the files transferred then disconnect the phone from PC.
- Now switch off and Boot your device into Recovery mode by press and hold “Volume Down+Power Button”.
- Now do a “Factory Reset” by Goto Wipe => Advanced Wipe =>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
- Now, Go to Install and locate the Android 7.0 CM14 ROM file (zip) and swipe to Install the ROM. Once the process completes, then flash the GApps (zip) file.
- Once the Gapps installed then wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
That’s it, Now your LG G2 mini running on Android 7.0 Nougat custom ROM. If you have any query let us in the comment area!