In the previous post, we updated the Huawei Mate 9 and today we are going to share the update tutorial for Huawei Mate S. Now Mate S received the latest B380 Marshmallow Firmware update and comes with latest improvements and bug fixes. This is the official Firmware and available from OTA. If you have Huawei Mate S and you have not received the OTA update alert so from here you can manually update your Mate S.
If you have Mate S and want to update to the latest Android Marshmallow so you are in right place. In this post, we will provide you step by step guide to install B380 Marshmallow on Huawei Mate S. If you are interested then follow the guidelines below.
- Device name: Huawei Mate S
- Model number: CRR-L09
- Android: 6.0 Marshmallow
- EMUI: 4.0.2
- Firmware: B380
- Build: CRR-L09C432B380
- Security Patch Level: February 1, 2017
- Region: Europe
- Status: Official
- Type: Full Firmware
- Release Date: 22.02.2017
- File: update.zip
- Take a full backup of all the existing data on the device?
- Do charge the device’s battery more than 70%.
- Also, install Huawei USB driver/ Hi-suite in your PC- Download here
- This update is for Mate S dual SIM variant users only. So don’t flash on any other device otherwise, you may brick your device. Also, we are not responsible for any mishap.
Download Nougat B156 for Huawei Mate S:
Marshmallow B380 Full Firmware. Official Mirror – Size: 1.6GB
Steps to Install B380 Marshmallow Firmware on Huawei Mate S:
- Download the zip file and then unzip on the PC.
- Transfer Update.app file from the extracted folder to dload folder located at SD card root directory. If dload not found, then you can create a new folder with dlaod name.
- Now disconnect and power off Mate S.
- Then press and hold Volume up+ Volume down+ home keys altogether for a movement.
- So, the update will take start auto.
- Wait until the update process gets completed.
- Finally, the device reboots by self or do it manually.