The guidelines to install Android 7.0.1 unofficial CM 14.1 on LG G2 are available for the LG G2 D802 and D805 variants. Android 7.0 released several months before however, most of the devices have not received yet the official stock firmware from their OEMs. But recently we have seen the CM custom ROMs for several devices. And the LG G2 is luckily one of those. LG G2 is getting CM 14.1 unofficial ROM recently. Here we share the complete guide to Install LG G2 CM 14.1 ROM [D802, D805]. Download CM14.1 from the link given below and then follow the steps, don’t skip any step.
CyanogenMod ROMs are the best alternative of Stock firmware that has all the latest and enhanced features. Thanks to the XDA developers for their efforts, they have released this unofficial build. It might contain some issue however; the upcoming update might fix all the issues. If you are interested, then let’s go ahead and Install LG G2 CM 14.1 ROM.
Important: The guide actually provides to Install LG G2 CM 14.1 ROM on [D802 and D805] variants only. Don’t try to flash it on any other device, also flash this ROM only on your own risk. We are not responsible if anything goes wrong with your device.
- It’s highly recommended to properly backup your data on the device, like contacts, text messages, gallery items, apps data etc. before proceedings.
- Also, make sure that the battery of G2 has at least 70% charge.
- Install latest USB driver of LG at your windows PC. Link
- TWRP should be already installed on your G2, here is how to install TWRP.
- Also, take Nandroid backup for the existing ROM via TWRP recovery mode.
- Download CM 14.1 unofficial ROM for LG G2 at the PC. Link
- Also, download Gapps package for CM14.1 at the PC. Link
Steps to Install LG G2 CM 14.1 ROM
- First, you have the TWRP recovery installed, then download CM 14.1 ROM and Gapps package from the links give above.
- Now move both the ROM and Gapps Zip file onto phone storage.
- Then follow this easy guide → [Install Custom ROM via TWRP on Android device] to install CM 14.1 ROM Zip file.
- Also, install Gapps zip file via repeat the Install options at TWRP → choose Gapps file → and Swipe to confirm and flash.
In results, that’s all to download and Install LG G2 CM 14.1 ROM on [D802, D805]. You have updated the LG G2 to Android 7.0.1 Marshmallow via CM 14.1 custom ROM. For any further clarity comments us in the discussion sections below.