These are guidelines to update Huawei P9 lite to Official Android Marshmallow. Recently we updated the P8 Lite and today we are going to share a tutorial for P9 Lite. The new update is based on the latest EMUI 4.1 OS. If you are not received the OTA update alert don’t worry. In this post, we will show how to update Huawei P9 lite VNS-L31 to B151 Android Marshmallow. If you want to taste the new update on your Huawei P9 lite then you need to follow the guidelines below.
Note: This Update tutorial is only for Huawei P9 Lite. So don’t apply to other models. If you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your smartphone .
- Device: Huawei P9 Lite
- Models No: VNS-L31
- Android: 6.0
- EMUI: 4.1
- Firmware: B151
- Build No: VNS L31C432B151
- Status: Official OTA Update
- Take the backup of all necessary data on Huawei P9 Lite before proceedings.
- At least 60% charge in the battery is necessary.
- Install Huawei latest USB driver at your PC: Link
- Enable USB Debugging Mode from Settings => Developer options.
- Download Huawei P9 Lite B151 Stock ROM: Link
Steps to Update Huawei P9 Lite to Android 6.0 Marshmallow:
- First of all download Stock ROM for P9 lite from above link.
- Once the files downloaded then extract it and connect your P9 Lite to PC.
- Now transfer the file the root folder and create a folder dload in the root of your SD card and place the update.app file in that folder.
- Once the file transferred then switch off your device.
- Now press “Volume Up + Volume Down and Power Button” together. The update process will start automatically.
- Now wait for few minutes to complete the process.
That’s all, Now your Huawei P9 Lite running on B151 Marshmallow firmware. If you have any query let us in the comment area. we will be happy to assist you!