LineageOS 14.1 based on Android 7.1 for Samsung Galaxy J7 has been provided. This build of LineageOS packs all the features of Android 7.1 Nougat with some additional features and apps. And today we are sharing an easy and step by step guide to Install Android 7.1 Nougat on Galaxy J7 via LineageOS 14.1 Custom ROM. The CyanogenMod developers have already announced that they will not further provide official support for the CM ROMs. However, the newest Custom ROM “LineageOS” is same and pretty nice custom ROM. Thanks a lot to all the developers for providing this ROM.
The developers on XDA have already released several unofficial builds of LineageOS yet, thanks to all for their efforts. And now Luckily the users of Galaxy J7 have also got the LineageOS 14.1 build. And here you will learn the complete process of How to Install Android 7.1 Nougat on Galaxy J7 via LineageOS 14.1 Custom ROM. If you have this device and really interested then go through the complete guide, don’t skip any section.
Important: This tutorial is advised only to Install Android 7.1 Nougat on Galaxy J7 via LineageOS 14.1 Custom ROM. So, never try on any other device. Also, we softstech.net takes no responsibility if anything goes wrong with your device. So, It’s entirely your decision to flash and proceed this guide.
- Take a complete backup of the entire data on J7 before proceedings.
- Also, install the USB driver of Samsung on the system you are using. | Link
- Do charge the battery of J7 more than 70% before processing.
- Also, enable USB Debugging Mode on J7, go to Settings → Developer options
- Samsung Galaxy J7 should have TWRP already installed. | Install
- Also, create a Nandroid Backup of the existing ROM, on recovery mode tap Nandroid → Proceed.
- Download LineageOS 14.1 latest build for Galaxy J7 at the PC. | Link
- Also, download Gapps for Android 7.1 on the PC (arm 32/64). | Link
How to Install Android 7.1 Nougat on Galaxy J7 via LineageOS 14.1
- Download LineageOS 14.1 and Gapps for Galaxy J7 on the PC, from the links shared above.
- Connect J7 to PC and then move both the LineageOS 14.1 and Gapps Zip files into the internal storage of the device.
- Then follow this in-depth guide → “Install LineageOS via TWRP recovery on any device”,
- Finally, tap Reboot on recovery home screen to boot the device normally.
In results, the process to Install Android 7.1 Nougat on Galaxy J7 via LineageOS 14.1 Custom ROM will get successful. If you have any question, then contact us.