In this tutorial, we will show you how to install Lineage OS 14.1 on Mi Max. This is the Custom ROM and based on Nougat so you can now enjoy many features on your Mi Max smartphone. The CyanogenMod is turn off and now it’s time for LinageOS. If you want to update your smartphone to LinageOS so we have many tutorials for different devices.
If you have Mi Max smartphone and want to install the LinageOS so you are in right place. In this post, we will show complete steps for Mi Max update. If you are interested then follow guidelines below.
Important: This guide is advised only to manually Install Mi Max/ Max Prime MIUI 8 v2.1.0 Global Stable ROM. So, don’t try or flash on any other device. Also, proceed the whole process only at your own risk. We are not responsible if anything goes wrong with your device.
- Take a full backup of the entire data on Mi Max before processing this guide.
- Also, make sure that the battery of Mi Max has more than 60% charging level.
- Also, install latest USB driver of Xiaomi on your windows PC. | Link
- Download and install a custom recovery : Guide
Download Lineage OS 14.1 Full ROM for Mi MIX:
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 for Mi MIX
- Lineage OS 14.1 Gapps For Mi MIX:
Steps to Install LineageOS 14.1 on Mi MIX:-
- Download and then rename the ROM file to “update.zip” on the PC.
- Now connect the MI device to PC and copy the downloaded and renamed ROM file, to root directory of device’s internal storage. [don’t place on any sub-folder]
- Now boot your MI device in recovery mode, to do so power off the device > then press and Volume-Up + Power buttons both at once for a few seconds.
- In recovery mode first choose language and then navigate and select “Install update.zip to System” > then select “Yes” to confirm. [Navigate with Volume up/down and select with Power key at recovery mode].
- Finally, navigate and select the “Reboot” to reboot system normally.
That’s all, Now your MiMax running on Lineage OS 14.1. If you have any query let us via comment area!