Instructions to install CM 14.1 custom ROM on Xperia SP is available here. The ROM has already been provided officially a few days back. This is CyanogenMod Custom ROM and has the full package of Nougat latest features. We all know the CM has stopped the official updates but this is one of the last updates by CM team. Here you will learn the complete step by step process to Update Xperia SP to Android 7.1 Nougat via CM 14.1 Custom ROM. if you have this device and are ready to Update it to Android 7.1 Nougat via CM 14.1 Custom ROM then follow the listed below instructions, don’t miss any step.
Important: This tutorial is advised only to Update Xperia SP to Android 7.1 Nougat. So, never try on any other device. Also, we softstech.net takes no responsibility, if anything goes wrong with your device. So, It’s entirely your decision to flash and proceed this guide.
- Take a complete backup of the entire data on the XPERIA before proceedings.
- Also, install the USB driver of Sony on the system you are using. | Link
- Do charge the battery of XPERIA SP more than 70% before processing.
- Also, Enable USB Debugging on the Sony Xperia, go to Settings > Developer options.
- Also, your device must have TWRP Recovery installed. | Install here
- Create a Nandroid backup of the existing ROM, on the Recovery Mode tap Nandroid > and proceed.
CM 14.1 for Xperia SP (Latest build). → Download here
Gapps Package for Android 7.1 Nougat. → Download here
Steps to Update Xperia SP to Android 7.1 Nougat
- Download the CM 14.1 for Xperia SP from the link given at the PC.
- Then connect the device to PC and copy CM 14.1 and Gapps on the device internal storage.
- Then follow this guide → [Install CM ROM via TWRP Recovery on any device] to flash CM 14.1 on Xperia SP.
In results, the process to Update Xperia SP to Android 7.1 Nougat via CM 14.1 Custom ROM will get successful. If you have any question, then contact us.