Nexus 4 received the Android 7.0 Nougat unofficial AOSP 7.0 ROM because Google released the official Android 7.0 Nougat for Nexus 6, Nexus 6p, Nexus 5X, Nexus 9, Nexus Player, and Pixel C. If you can’t wait and want to install the Android 7.0 AOSP ROM on Nexus 4 so you are in right place. In this post, we will guide you how to update Nexus 4 to Android 7.0 Nougat.
Before installing Android 7.0 ROM you need to
root and install TWRP on your Nexus 4 device. If you have already rooted Nexus 4 and installed TWRP so you are lucky now you can install the Android 7.0 Nougat from guidelines below.
Note: This is unofficial ROM so some functions not working.
- Many more
This tutorial is intended only for the Nexus 4, so it’s advisable not to test it on other devices. The below-presented guide is well accepted and has a high success rate but there could be still a probability for misfortunes, so it’s completely the user’s choice to follow the guideline. You alone are responsible for any effects that might occur while in the process, we shall not be held responsible for any harm to your device.
- Make sure that your device battery is charged to above 60% to prevent it from unexpected shutdowns leading to damaged partitions.
- Take the backup of anything on the device.
- Download & Google USB Drivers.
- Make sure your device has USB Debugging enabled in Developer Options.
- Download Android 7.0 AOSP ROM for Nexus 4: Link
- Download Gapps package: Link
Steps to Update Nexus 4 to Android 7.0 Nougat ROM:
- Download the Android 7.0 ROM and Gapps from above links.
- Once the both files downloaded then connect your Nexus 4 to PC via cable.
- Now transfer the both files to your Nexus 4 device.
- Once the both files transferred then switch off and Boot your device into Recovery mode by press and hold “Volume Down+Power Button”. Now you will enter into recovery mode.
- Now create a Nandroid backup of your Nexus device for safer side, if something goes wrong.
- Now do a Factory Reset by Go to Wipe => Advanced Wipe => Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
- Now Select INSTALL zip file from SDcard that you transferred in step 3 => choose a zip file from SD card. Locate the Android 7.0 ROM and swipe to install .
- Once the ROM installed then you need to repeat the above steps to install GApps on your Nexus 4.
- Once the Gapps package installed then wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
That’s all, Now your Nexus 4 running on Android 7.0 Nougat AOSP ROM.