Samsung Galaxy A7 is ready for new Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Earlier we updated the Samsung Galaxy J7 and now we are going to share the official update for Galaxy A7. Many users have not received the OTA update alert because the new update rolling out for only Russia. But don’t worry now we will show how to update Samsung Galaxy A7 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow manually.
The new update comes with amazing features like Doze mode, new app permissions and much more. If you have Samsung Galaxy A7 (SM-A700FD) and want to update manually so you are in right place. In this post, we will show you complete steps for installing the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. If you are interested then follow the guidelines below.
DISCLAIMER: This Update tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy A7 SM-A700FD (Russia) so don’t apply to other models. If you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your smartphone .
- Take the backup of all necessary data on A7 before proceedings.
- At least 60% charge in the battery is necessary.
- Install Samsung latest USB driver at your PC: Link
- Enable USB Debugging Mode from Settings => Developer options.
Steps to Install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Samsung Galaxy A7:
- First, download official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for Galaxy A7: Link
- Now download the latest version of Odin tool v3.9: Link
- Once the both files downloaded then unzip it.
- Now Run the Odin tool on your Computer.
- Switch off & Boot your Galaxy A7 into Download Mode by press & hold “Power + Home + Volume Down”buttons.
- Once you enter into Download mode, you’ill see an ID: COM port turned blue and Added message in Odin tool message box.
- Now find and select the firmware ‘.tar‘ file (you downloaded in step 1) to the AP/PDA tab in Odin.
- Make sure that only these two options are tick “Auto Reboot”, “F.Reset Time” and Re-partition is NOT ticked.
- Now click on “Start” button and it will start flashing the firmware file.
- Once the flashing process is finished so your Galaxy A7 is reboot automatically.
That’s all! Now your Samsung Galaxy A7 is running on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.