These are guideline’s to update Samsung Galaxy A3 to the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. In our previous post, we have updated the Galaxy A7 and J5. And today we decided to provide the new tutorial for Galaxy A3 users. The new OTA update is only for Korea so many users have not received the OTA alert. But don’t worry in this post we will show you complete steps for update Samsung Galaxy A3 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
Once your Galaxy A3 updated then you can enjoy new features like Always-on Display, Now on Tap, Doze Mode, New App Permissions and much more. If you have Samsung Galaxy A3 (A310N0) and want to update Manually then follow the steps below.
Disclaimer: This Update tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy A3 SM-A310N0 (Korea) so don’t apply to other models. If you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your smartphone .
- Take the backup of all necessary data on A3 before proceedings.
- At least 60% charge in the battery is necessary.
- Install Samsung latest USB driver at your PC: Link
- Enable USB Debugging Mode from Settings => Developer options.
Steps to Install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Samsung Galaxy A3:
- First of all, download official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for Galaxy A3: Link
- Now download the latest version of Odin tool v3.9: Link
- Once the both files downloaded then unzip it.
- Now Run the Odin tool on your Computer or Laptop.
- Switch off & Boot your Galaxy A3 into Download Mode by press & hold “Power + Home + Volume Down”buttons.
- Once you enter into Download mode, you’ill see Added message in Odin tool message box.
- Now find and select the firmware ‘.tar‘ file (you downloaded in step 1) to the AP/PDA tab in Odin.
- Make sure that only these two options are tick “Auto Reboot”, “F.Reset Time” and “Re-partition” is NOT ticked.
- Now click on “Start” button and it will start flashing the firmware file.
- Once the flashing process is complete so your Samsung Galaxy A3 is reboot automatically.
Congrats! Now your Samsung Galaxy A3 is running on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.