Sony Xperia L has received the Android 7.0 Nougat AOSP ROM. Recently We updated Samsung, LG, and Oneplus devices. Many Thanks to XDA Senior Member Agent_fabulous to released the initial build of Android 7.0 AOSP ROM for Xperia L smartphone. This is initial build so some of the features not working properly then developers working to fix the bugs.
If you have Xperia L and want to taste the AOSP ROM so you are in right place. In this post, we will show you how to update Xperia L to Android 7.0 AOS ROM. If you are interested then follow the guidelines below.
Before starting the procedure prepare your device. Without Root and TWRP recovery you can’t install any custom ROM. Once your device rooted and installed TWRP recovery then follow the steps below to install the Android 7.0 AOSP ROM on Xperia L.
Disclaimer: This Update tutorial is only for Sony Xperia L. so don’t apply to other models. If you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your smartphone .
- Make sure that your device battery is charged to above 60% to prevent it from unexpected shutdowns leading to damaged partitions.
- Take the backup of anything on the device.
- Download & install Sony USB Drivers: Link
- Make sure your device has USB Debugging enabled in Developer Options.
- Download Android 7.0 AOSP ROM for Xperia L: Link
- Download Gapps package: Link
Steps to Install Android 7.0 Nougat ROM on Sony Xperia L:
- First of all, download the Android 7.0 ROM and Gapps files from above links.
- Once the files downloaded then connect your phone to PC via USB cable.
- Now transfer the files to Xperia L phone storage.
- One the files transferred then switch and boot your device into Recovery mode by press and hold “Volume Down+Power Button”
- Now you are in recovery mode so do “Factory Reset” by Goto Wipe =>Advanced Wipe =>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data swipe to confirm the action.
- Now click on Install and locate the “ROM file” that you transferred in step 3 & swipe to Install the ROM. Once the ROM installed then install the GApps file, repeat the steps again.
- Once the Gapps installed then wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
That’s all, Now your Xperia L running on Android 7.0 Nougat AOSP ROM. If you have any query let us in the comment area we will be happy to assist you!